“Let’s Talk Legends.”

This past Friday, Chadwick Boseman passed away from colon cancer.

The world was shocked and hurt. His story and death truly touched my heart- I’m sure I’m not alone.

From the last two years, many comments have been made in regards to his weight loss. Some were jokes and some were genuine concerns.

Regardless of the comments, Chadwick never publicly addressed it.

What makes me sad is that while some people were making jokes about his weight loss, Chadwick was privately battling cancer for four years.

In those four years while fighting for his life, Chadwick gifted us with legendary films, one of those is Black Panther.

First of all, if you have not watched Black Panther, watch it as soon as possible! This film is beyond great and serves as a positive representation of Africa that the world needs to see.

I remember going to the theaters to watch Black Panther flexing in my dashiki outfit 🙂 everyone in that theater was dressed in African clothes!! It was so beautiful.

The feeling of empowerment was indescribable. Various African tribes, songs, and traditional clothing are represented in the movie.

I can say that I have never watched a movie that made me feel so empowered and proud to be Fulani, proud to be West African, and proud to be Black! PERIOD!

People that look like me are strong because they are strong and not because “black people have to be strong.” Ugh, it’s such a beautiful movie, it truly warms my heart.

Do you realize how many other black people felt the same way?

Chadwick’s heroic character in this film was remarkable and beyond impactful for black people, especially children!!! He is the superhero that many of them look up to!

Chadwick’s work is remarkable and he is a legend that truly left his mark.

Although Chadwick is now gone forever, his legendary work and impact on the world remains. Thank you Chadwick!

Note how while people were making remarks about Chadwick’s weight loss, this man was in the process of dying.

So let’s reflect.

Who am I to judge? Who are you to judge?

Who are WE to judge others? Aren’t we all imperfect humans?

We shouldn’t judge others, period.

We never know what private battles people are facing. We probably only know about 5 percent about someone’s life while the other 95 percent is exactly what WE don’t know. See why we have to refrain from judgement?

We as a society need to be more open-minded about the remarks and judgements we are so quick to make about others and their lives. I am no better than you, and you are no better than me.

During this difficult time, let’s send our prayers and duas out to the family of Chadwick Boseman 🙏🏾!

Wakanda Forever! 🤎


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s