Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh! Ramadan Kareem! I hope you’re all in the best of health and taking advantage of this month of mercy. I’m going to share 10 tips that I believe will be beneficial for all of us (including myself).
#1 Be sincere and have pure intention.
- Remind yourself of the purpose of fasting and the fact that you are fasting for the sake of Allah.
#2 Create a Plan Now!
- Nope it’s not too late! This is your chance to improve your character and knowledge in the deen; we all know time flies and waits for no one so if you haven’t done so already, make a plan that will help you attain your goals so you will eventually become a better you and In Shaa Allah stick with it. May Allah swt make it easy for us all.
#3 Learn/Understand the Quran, hadiths, and the stories of the past Prophets (A.S.).
- First of all, THIS IS THE MONTH OF THE QURAN! Quran is much more than just memorizing, don’t neglect to study the words of Allah! The internet provides more than enough resources- there’s no excuse! Also, the context of the hadiths and stories of the past Prophets (A.S.), will guide you as far as how you can apply these lessons to your life.
#4 Memorize and understand the 99 names of Allah swt if you haven’t already.
- Our beloved Prophet (SAW) said the following: “Allah has 99 names. Whoever memorizes and embraces these qualities will enter heaven” (Bukhari). This not only is a ticket to Jannah, but it also allows you to strengthen your duas when calling upon your Lord.
#5 Create a list of duas you wish to memorize and learn about!
- Here’s a convenient way to do so … since we always have our phones … you could utilize the ‘notes’ feature to insert the list of duas so they are always accessible for wherever whenever! Also, you could use sticky notes and stick them on a mirror or poster board 🙂 Get creative!
#6 Be careful with social media.
- Some of the things you could do is share beneficial posts or join lives/video chats that are Islamically related (reminder: these 30 days are solely focused on essentially getting closer to Allah swt).
- You could also listen to Islamic lectures, there are a large variety of scholars to choose from! My personal favorites are Mufti Menk, Nouman Ali Khan, Omar Suleiman, and Yasir Qadhi. Their lectures are always extremely insightful and engaging for me! Islamic lectures could be played aloud while cooking, working out, etc!
#7 (If you MUST get on social media) Take advantage of the features provided.
- You can mute stories and posts by simply by pushing the story icon and it’ll give you the options! You can still follow the pages without having to see unwanted content; How great is that? Take advantage of this for whenever you see posts you don’t like or feel that it affects your spirituality like negativity, music, etc.
#8 Seek forgiveness as much as possible!
• This is the month of mercy- remember that Allah swt is the most merciful and forgiving ❤️
#9 Take naps as needed throughout the day!
- Fasting can easily drain your energy. Try to take power naps (20-30 min depending on how long it takes you to fall asleep!) Power naps are proven to help you wake up much more refreshed and energized.
- This is the best month of the year!! Allahumma barik that Allah swt is allowing us to witness it!
May Allah swt allow us to break our bad habits. May Allah swt continue to guide us towards attaining and sticking to the good habits we develop in Ramadan. May Allah swt accept our fasts, duas, and forgive the ummah. Allahumma Ameen!
Follow me on Instagram & Twitter @awokenbyhadi! Don’t forget to turn your post notifications on to stay notified!
#openmindedness #follow #like #comment #share
© awokenbyhadi and awokenbyhadi.com, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to awokebyhadi and awokenbyhadi.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.